Balsam Mountain preserve is a unique gated community in Western North Carolina. The community offers a private mountain retreat experience. Located 40 minutes from downtown Asheville, Balsam Mountain Preserve offers a private community inside a nature preserve.
Featuring authentic and architecturally diverse homes at a high elevation on 4,400 acres. Committed to preserving the natural surroundings, over 3,400 acres, 75% of the community, has been placed in a permanent conservation easement, ensuring it will never be developed and will always remain for future generations in its present park-like state.
The community has homesites and developer homes available. The community takes pride in the honors it has obtained:
Honors and Accolades for Balsam Mountain Preserve
- #1 Golf Community in the Southeast, RealEstateScorcard.com, 2013
- Top 5 Mountain Golf Courses in N.C., Business N.C. Magazine, 2013
- Best Equestrian Community, RealEstateScorecard.com, 2012
- #2 Best Course in the Ashevile area, Business N.C. Magazine, 2010
- A ‘Vanguard Level’ Green Golf Community, Golf Course Home Network, 2009
- Best New Course in North Carolina, Business N.C. Magazine, 2009
- Top 100 Communities in the U.S., Travel + Leisure Golf, 2008, 2009.
- Best of the Best, Top 20 Communities in the U.S., Links Magazine, 2009
- Winner “Best Preservation Practices” and “Best Outdoor Fun”,Mountain Homes Magazine, 2009
- “11th Best New Private Course in the U.S.”, Golf Digest, 2008
- One of America’s Top 100 Premier Properties, Links Magazine, 2007-2009
Mountain Oak Properties is committed to helping you find real estate in Western North Carolina. Ask us a question or use the quick search functionality to get more information on this location or other locations in Downtown Asheville. We look forward to working with you.